Yesterday was a hard day to be a parent. Between the rain, daddy being gone, and a very tired mommy Asher was in quite the mood. I sent out an SOS to my dear sweet mother who suggested we head to her house after nap time for a change of scenery. Isn't it interesting how your child's attitude can change so much just by moving from one house to another.
Because it was raining I decided that I should keep Milo in while we spent time in Owasso. Some time between letting Milo out then back in and taking screaming Judah to the car Asher had run through the pouring rain into the oh so muddy backyard. As I am standing in the doorway of the garage yelling at Asher to come back inside he is jumping into the biggest dirtiest puddles he can find.
Jacket-less I ran out into the yard to chase my very naughty boy. Right as I was about to grab him I slid on a patch of mud into a puddle. Pants soaked, shoes muddy, and pride hurt I was finally able to get Asher back into the garage. Poor Judah had been crying all the while in the car. When we arrived at my moms house I poured myself a glass of wine and counted my blessings that my family lives close by!
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wine and family can make days like that almost bearable. Thanks for dinner! I'm glad E had something to eat with all of us sickies!
ReplyDeleteWow. I concur w/TBB comment.
ReplyDeleteOh Anna. I think I would've just sat in that puddle and cried. I'm so glad you have family close by too, and that they have wine for you. :)
ReplyDelete