Things have been a little busy around here which means a neglected blog...but I am almost caught up on laundry, Judah is feeling better after a little strep, Nathan is home for a little bit, and Asher is, well just being 2.
Despite Asher's two-ness the sweetest thing has started to happen around here, he and Judah have begun to be really interested in each others well being. If Asher feels like Judah is in distress he will begin to yell for me or run to get Judah's passie. When Judah is crying in the car, which is pretty much anytime we try to go anywhere, Asher will say, "Okay, Judah" in a oh so soft voice. Asher has also started to read books to Judah or point out exciting sights like trucks, birds, or airplanes while we are driving around.
This is not a one way relationship Judah too is very much in love with Asher. If Asher looks at him or even gets in his general area he will start laughing, but not any kind of laugh it is that deep belly laugh that only babies can really do correctly. If Asher is in the room Judah wants to see what he is doing. Even if Judah is doing something he loves like eating he will move his head around so that he can check out Asher. I know that some babies do this anytime they hear others talking but Judah saves it for his big brother. This afternoon I was trying to get Judah to sleep and Asher was playing quietly in Judah's room, Judah would not take his eyes off of Asher. I tried to turn him around so he could not watch him and hopefully fall asleep but he began to cry and arch his back. He stopped when he could see Asher again. This went on for about 15 minuets even when Asher was in his own room playing if Judah heard his voice he would look around the room for him.
I take such joy in watching my boys together. When I was pregnant with Judah I would rock Asher and pray two things, one that they would love the Lord and two that they would have a good relationship with one another. Having a sibling as a good friend is hard to beat. I love my relationship with my sister. We can laugh, cry, fight, and laugh some more with out worrying how it will effect our relationship because in the end we are always family. I am so happy to see the beginnings of my boys life long friendship.
Friday, April 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's what excited me so much about having 4 girls. Oh the coffee they will drink together and the friendship they will share (I hope). My sisters are my best friends too. Siblings are so much fun. :)
ReplyDelete