Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Parent Child Relationship

Today as Asher played and Judah squealed in his bed I began to think about how amazing our God is. He created this world in a way that gives us insight into His being. As I look at my children and their interactions with me it is no wonder that God chose to use this bond as a way to tell of His love for us.

Asher's new favorite pastime is to play while I sit and watch. Watch as he jumps and catches a ball. Watch as he crashes his cars together. He is so eager to do something that makes me pleased. I look at my day to day life and realize that I should be just as eager to please my Father. This Sunday our pastor told a story of a man who lived his life in such a way that it was a testimony to others. It was not because he was perfect or always kind but it was how he handled his mistakes and truly depended on God for help.

Dependence on God is something that I fight against daily. I want to do what I want to do and while I am at it I want to do it on my own. This just does not work on so many levels. When I look at my sweet Judah I think of what it would be like if he tried to do things on his own. It is a ridicules thought! He needs me for his survival just like I need God for mine. How amazing it is to think about God's mercies and grace.


No comments:

Post a Comment